Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals have a practical, working knowledge of Scrum that equips them to implement and work in a Scrum environment. The purpose of the exam is to confirm the applicants have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply Scrum in the projects and to tailor Scrum in a particular scenario. SMC™ professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed. Successful candidates will be awarded the Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) certification by SCRUMstudy after passing the certification exam.
This certification is appropriate for anyone who is interested in working as a Scrum Master or for someone who is already a Scrum master in his organization. Scrum Master is an important role in any Scrum team and need not be a technology expert to be effective. Moreover, although Scrum is popular in the IT industry, it can be used effectively across different industries. The SBOK Guide, on which the SMC course is based on, can be used as an effective guide for implementation.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification.
Scrum Master Certification (SMC™) Course Outline
● Agile and Scrum Overview
○ Agile Overview
○ Agile Manifesto
○ Agile Principles
○ Agile Methods
○ Scrum Overview
○ Scrum Advantages
● Scrum Roles
○ Core Roles
○ Non-core Roles
○ Product Owner
○ Scrum Master
○ Scrum Team
● Scrum Project Phases
○ Plan and Estimate
○ Review and Retrospect
○ Inputs, Tools, and Outputs for each process in each phase
● Scaling Scrum
○ Scalability of Scrum
○ Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
○ Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
○ Transition to Scrum
○ Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
○ Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
○ Importance of Executive Support
- Multiple Choice
- 100 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam.
- Current Pass Rate: 95%
Reference book: A Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide) by SCRUMstudy
The participants will be prepared to take SMC™ certification exam and pass. Also they will be able to apply the concepts in their day to day job. Maintaining Certification: To maintain the certification status, Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years.
How to Apply
1. Register on SCRUMstudy.com and apply for the SMC™ exam (OR) Attend a classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy A.T.P. and then register on SCRUMstudy.com
2. Apply for the exam by paying the fee or by using the exam voucher provided by a SCRUMstudy A.T.P. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
3. Access the online course and take the exam
- Get access to online course on ‘Introduction to Scrum’.
- Copy of SBOK™ Guide online version.
- Schedule the two hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy verifies the application; confirms the exam date & time.
- Take the two hour proctored exam online. Learn and take the exam.
4. Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate.
Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy Certification Registry.
If unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two free exam retakes.
Please note that courses come with an Online Certificates, for Physical Certificates (Optional) kindly contact us for fees and details.