PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Online Training 360 Days Access
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner Online Training 360 Days Access
What you will learn
PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner online is a learning solution created to meet the demands of our customers. The Foundation and Practitioner elements are taught via our comprehensive e-learning material. This style of delivery saves you and your company time and money.
Our accredited PRINCE2® Online Learning training course provides a quality platform for gaining skills, sharing experiences and learning from other organisations while offering the flexibility as to how and when you learn.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation. A successful Practitioner candidate should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Their individual project management expertise, complexity of the project and the support provided for the use of PRINCE2® in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve.
Candidates should be able to apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2® effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2®. Specifically candidates should:-
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes.
- Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project.
- Be able to create and assess management products.
At the end of this course the delegate will be prepared for the PRINCE2® practitioner exam
This course is aimed at project managers, project management consultants and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects who are required, or wish, to have a greater depth of knowledge of the method, including:-
Project Board members
- Senior Responsible Owners
- Project Sponsors
- Product Delivery Managers
- Business Analysts
- Subject matter experts delivering, or providing expertise to, a project
- Business Change Analysts
- Change Board members
- Project Office support staff
- Programme Office personnel
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. However, it is anticipated that delegates will possess knowledge of projects or have experience of working in a project environment. This is to ensure that the intensive nature of the course does not cause delegates to struggle through the course.
E –Learning Course Outline
- Introduction to PRINCE2
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Principles
Continued Business Justification
Learn from Experience
Defined Roles and Responsibilities
Manage by Stages
Manage by Exception
Focus on Products
Tailor to suit the project environment
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Themes
Business Case Theme
- Introduction to PRINCE2 Processes
Starting Up a Project
Initiating a Project
Controlling a Stage
Managing Product Delivery
Managing a Stage Boundary
Closing a Project
Directing a Project
- Business Case Theme
Business Case Defined
The PRINCE2 Approach to the Business Case
Benefits Review Plan
Contents of a Business Case
- Organization Theme
The PRINCE2 approach to Organization
The Project Management Team
Communication Management Strategy
Working with Stakeholders
- Quality Theme
Quality Audit Trail (Quality Planning and Quality Control)
The PRINCE2 approach to Quality
Quality Assurance and Project Assurance
- Plans Theme
Level of Plans and Types of Plans (Project, Stage, Team and Exception Plan)
The PRINCE2 approach to Plans
Product Based Planning
Steps in Planning
- Risk Theme
The PRINCE2 approach to Risk
Risk Management Strategy
Risk Management Procedure (Identify, Assess, Plan, Implement and Communicate)
- Change Theme
Issues Defined and Types of Issues
The PRINCE2 approach to Change
Configuration Management Strategy
Configuration Item Records and Product Status Account
Configuration Management Procedure
Issue and Change Control Procedure
- Progress Theme
The PRINCE2 approach to Progress
Event Driven and Time Driven Controls
- Starting up a Project
Appoint the Executive and the Project Manager
Capture previous lessons
Design and appoint the project management team
Prepare outline Business Case
Select the project approach and assemble the Project Brief
Plan the initiation stage
- Directing a Project
Authorize the project
Authorize a Stage or Exception Plan
Give ad hoc directions
Authorize project closure
- Initiating a Project
Prepare Risk Management Strategy,
Prepare the Configuration Management Strategy,
Prepare the Quality Management Strategy,
Prepare the Communications Management Strategy,
Set up project controls,
Create the Project Plan,
Refine the Business Case,
Assemble the Project Initiation Documentation.
- Controlling a Stage
Authorize a Work Package
Review Work Package status
Receive completed Work Packages
Review the stage status’ and ‘report highlights
Capture and examine issues and risks
Escalate issues and risks
Take corrective action
- Managing Product Delivery
Accept a Work Package
Execute a Work Package
Deliver a Work Package
- Managing a Stage Boundary
Plan the Next Stage
Update the Project Plan
Update the Business Case
Report Stage End
Produce an Exception Plan
- Closing a Project Process
Prepare Planned Closure
Prepare Premature Closure
Evaluate the Project
Recommend Project Closure.
TAILORING PRINCE2 TO THE PROJECT ENVIRONMENT
What is included
- Study guides including Video tutorials: Study as you prefer using PDF files, video tutorials, HTML format or podcasts. Explain the goals, objectives, scope and detailed concepts of PRINCE2®principles, themes and processes & and other syllabus areas of PRINCE2.
- Podcasts: Download it and listen to it at your convenience.
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2© official manual
- Interactive Case Study: Professor Bubbleman App to help you apply the concepts learnt in real life scenarios.
- Glossary: A PDF glossary provided to help you revise quickly.
- Crossword: Test your knowledge and have some fun doing it.
- Phone App: Download a very effective phone app to study on your mobile.
- Chapter Tests and Evaluation Tests: These tests assess the delegate’s degree of understanding of the respective chapter content.
- Case Study: To help you prepare for the Practitioner course, we have also added an additional case study.
- Sample Papers: To get a feel of the actual PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam, take the full length sample papers as part of our online course and assess your responses with the provided answers to the same.
Delivery Method : Online
Access : 30 Days
The PRINCE2® Foundation examination is a closed- book 60 minute 75 multiple choice question paper with 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores. The pass mark is 50% (35 marks required to pass out of 70 available).
The Practitioner examination is an open- book objective test examination based on a given scenario and lasting 150 minutes. There are 8 questions each worth 10 marks, making a total of 80 marks available. The pass mark is 55% (44 marks required to pass out of 80 available).