Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
The course on CMMI exposes participants to the best practices that are adopted while implementing CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) models for improving performance and achieving business goals. It is the preferred choice of organizations across the world to improve development processes in high-quality engineering. While understanding the fundamental concepts, you will also get a chance to understand how they are applied to practical scenarios through our interactive, hands-on sessions.
What Participants will Learn
- Understand the need for CMMI framework and its fundamentals
- Understand the various components of the CMMI-DEV model, the process areas and their relationships
- Describe the model content
- Understand the detailed requirements of the process areas in the CMMI model
- Analyze and make valid judgments regarding the organization’s implementation of process areas
- Learn how to use CMMI and turn losses into opportunities
- Be able to identify issues that should be addressed in performing process improvements using CMMI
Business Objectives for CMMI Training
- Produce quality products or services: The process improvement concept in the CMMI models evolved out of the Deming, Juran, and Crosby quality paradigm: Quality products are a result of processes. CMMI has a strong focus on quality related activities including requirements management, quality assurance, verification & validation.
- Create value for the shareholders/stakeholders: Mature organizations are more likely to make better cost and revenue estimates than those with less maturity & then perform in line with those estimates. CMMI supports quality products, predictable schedule, and effective measurement to support the management in making accurate and defensible forecasts. This process maturity can guard against project performance problems that could weaken the value of the organization before investors.
- Enhance customer satisfaction: Meeting cost and schedule targets with high quality products that are validated against the customer needs is a good formula for customer satisfaction. CMMI addresses all of these ingredients through its emphasis on planning, monitoring, and measuring, and the improved predictability that comes with a more capable process.
- Increase market share: In Capability Maturity Model Integration the market share is a result of many factors, including quality products & services, name identification, pricing, and image. Customers like to deal with suppliers who have a reputation for meeting their commitments.
- Give an industry wide recognition for excellence: The best way to develop a reputation for excellence is to consistently perform well on projects, delivering quality products and services within cost & schedule parameters. Having processes that conform to CMMI requirements can enhance that reputation.